Home NEWS Two dead, three hospitalized after inhaling generator fumes

Two dead, three hospitalized after inhaling generator fumes

Two people have been confirmed dead after inhaling excessive fumes coming from a generator set.

They are Amama Iddrisu, 30 years old mother, and her daughter three-year-old Aisha Iddrisu. The two were part of a five member family who went to sleep with a generator set on.

The other three members who also inhaled the fumes have been hospitalized at the Manhyia Government Hospital and being monitored closely by the medical officers. They are Baby Umar, five months; Rabo Baba, five years; and their father 38-years-old Iddrisu Abdulai.

The incident happened today at Duase a town near Antoa in the Ashanti region, Luv News’ Erastus Asare Donkor reports.

Neighbors said they noticed the family were still locked inside at a time everyone was expected to be up. Their curiosity and concern grew stronger and decided to break into the room, only to find all the five lying unconscious.

They were rushed to the hospital but the two were pronounced dead on arrival, Erastus said.

According to the police, the room was still chocked with smell from the colourless smoke when they entered. Even though the generator set was placed in a different one, the fumes managed to penetrate through available holes into the family’s bedroom.

Meanwhile, doctors attending to the three on admission say they will pull through.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here